Frequently Asked Questions

Is it possible to have someone else pick up the found item on my behalf?

Inquiry ID:OpenFAQ-001010 Latest Update:2018/11/14

Yes, you may have the found item claimed by another person on your behalf. When the found item is collected by someone else, a Letter of Proxy, a official certificate (Japanese driver’s license, passport, insurance card, student ID card, etc.) of the mandator and the proxy (a photocopy of mandator’s official certificate is acceptable), and the proxy’s name seal (a stamp-type seal is acceptable) are required.

Note 1: A Letter of Proxy is not necessary when a family member who lives with you is picking up the found item.
Note 2: Please download and print the Letter of Proxy template from the link below.

Related Inquiries

Did this answer your question? If not, please click the button below and help us improve our customer service.

This doesn't help me.

Contact Us

Web Inquiries

  • Other inquiries

    For all other inquiries please use this inquiry form.

    Inquiry Form

Contacting us by phone

Toll Free 0120-104-7679 a.m. - 8 p.m. (365 days a year)

  • *Calls from international numbers will not connect.
  • *Note 1:Please take care to dial the correct number.
  • *Note 2:To ensure the accuracy of our data retrieval, all customer calls are recorded.
  • *Note 3:We will provide information through the three way interpreting service.

Using the Automated Information Service

Once your call is connected please follow the voice prompts to select your language and then press the number corresponding to your inquiry.

Select Language Number
English 1
Chinese 2
Korean 3
Type of inquiry Number
Information on tickets, how to reach your destination, and station information. 1
Lost and Found Inquiries 3
Other inquiries 5